Jerkyvision

For all your technology lovers out there, this is the place to geek out.
wittykitty
Site Support
Site Support
Favourite Season: Winter

Jerkyvision

Post #1 by wittykitty » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:32 am

Hi guys, hoping someone can help. I've recently taken the graphics card from the lounge computer and put it into the bedroom computer, because the lounge computer didn't have the slots available in the bedroom computer for both a sound and graphics card I have.

So, the bedroom computer is now in the lounge, hooked up to the new surround sound system (this computer had the sound card I needed and the slot for the old lounge graphics card)

Hopefully you're still with me!

So new lounge computer now set up with the surround sound with the right graphics card (with an HDMI slot) and new sound card (which can handle Dolby).

Now when I fire up a film on the computer, I get lovely surround sound, working perfectly. However, the graphics card in the different computer is giving me jerkyvision, especially on a slow pan shot. I don't know how to go into the settings on a graphics card so not sure how to go about changing them. It's definitely a systemic issue as I get jerkyvision in different programs, so it's not a program issue, but something wrong with the base settings.

I'm running Windows 7, 64 bit on all my machines. The graphics card is unbranded, with just a VGA (unused), a DVI (unused) and an HDMI port (used). Do I need another graphics card or how can I get into the settings to try and smooth out the video play?

ANy help would be very gratefully received!
Kit

It's snowed so hard here I can't find where I parked my unicorn....

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login

Return to “Technology”