Silvor
Owner
Owner
Favourite Season: More than one

Site Changes

Post by Silvor » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:19 am

Fellow UKWW'ers

I trust you are all well.

I just want to provide you with a small update of two alterations I have made to the website/forum.

1. Some of the more observant members amongst us will have already noticed the Moon Phase on the Home page, below your local weather data. This was by request and I have now implemented that.

2. The members map is now new and dynamic. It will take the beginning part of your post code from your profile data and, if you tick yes on the option "Show Marker on Members Map" - it will automatically find the longitude and latitude of the beginning part of your post code and place an approximate location marker on the map, which will be reflected on the Members Map page above.

Please remember, the postal code you enter must only ever be the first part - this represents a large area that you live in and therefore your exact location is never stored or used. By entering this first part of your post code, the website will pull your local weather data on to the portal/home page. This functionality is completely safe - but we also respect it is your decision.

If no postal code is entered, the weather data you see on the home page will default to London.

Take care everyone.
"Winter is coming and Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home."

Return to “Announcements & News”