Winter 2016/2017

For winter model discussion only. Want to have a general discussion, please use Autumn & Winter Chat.
KTtom
Owner
Owner
Favourite Season: Winter

Winter 2016/2017

Post #1 by KTtom » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:48 pm

So, how was it for You?

TWS summed it up pretty well by calling it the 'deciever'. For me, never has so much promise delivered so little. I'm used to not seeing much snow in my location at sea level, but most winters deliver a covering a couple of times inland, but not this year. We've had more frosts than in a normal winter buts it's been mainly dry, until now when I want some dry weather with a bit of warmth.

Synoptically wise, the blocks just haven't been kind to us, often forming to the north east, but too far east to effect the uk. The main failure this winter has been the inability of high pressure to get a stranglehold over Greenland. Too much energy in that region to let the cold uppers which effected eastern Europe to move west. This energy over Greenland also prevented and mid Atlantic high to move far enough north to force the Arctic air far south enough to effect the uk.

So summing up, probably the most uneventful winter since the euro high dominated winter of 2005

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login

Return to “Model Discussion”