Wildlife help

Need some help or advice? Forum or non forum related - ask your questions in here and maybe someone will be able to help.
Snowcat
Site Support
Site Support
Favourite Season: Winter

Wildlife help

Post #1 by Snowcat » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:20 pm

Are there any vets or wild life experts out there who could put my mind at rest? One of my visiting badgers looks as though it's had a nasty accident to its front paw. I thought I saw it hobbling a week or so ago but couldn't see properly in the dark. It's triggered the security light tonight so I could see better. Looks like its lost the front of its paw, toes & claws and of course badgers dig for food. it's getting about a lot better since last seen about 10 days ago and obviously surviving OK (eating the foot I put out) and I'm assuming if the badger is still OK there is no bad infection set up there. Short of finding someone to trap and treat it I don't know what I can do. I could get my vet to give me some antibiotics to put out with the food but with more than one badger visiting wouldn't know which badger had took them and I couldn't get close enough to spray the paw with antibiotic spray and wouldn't want to corner them with those teeth :o they are not nasty under normal circumstances (have tripped up over one before now in the undergrowth and it just squealed and ran off) but they will retaliate if cornered which is only natural. :think:

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login

Return to “Help & Advice”