2013/14

Got a favourite winter memory or want to share some history? This is the place for that!
TheWinterSoldier
Site Support
Site Support
Favourite Season: Winter

2013/14

Post #1 by TheWinterSoldier » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:51 pm

Yes, I'm afraid I had to create a topic on the Diablo winter. Pure horror. So many topics about good winters so what about a bad winter?

I've seen some rotters in my time, especially the 90's but last winter was the king of mild crap. Relentless mild temps and rain with no sign of frost let alone snow. I was especially gutted having shelled out for winter tyres!! They come into play at +7C or below and those temps were a rare sight last winter.

Members on here kept saying don't write off winter even when January was mild. February will be the key! But no, the mild just kept on coming. I feel sick just thinking about it. The only sight of snow was a brief shower one day which left a tiny amount on the roof of my car and on top of the wiper blades. It melted 30 mins later.

If 62/63 is the king of cold winters, then 13/14 is the king of mild. Please share your horror stories, perhaps you got flooded?

Here's praying for mega snow and frost this winter :pray:

Formerly known as LandRoverSnow - Now a Golf owner

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login

Return to “Winter Memories & History”