Weather Models Discussion - 19/01/13

KTtom
Owner
Owner
Favourite Season: Winter

Weather Models Discussion - 19/01/13

Post #1 by KTtom » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:50 am

Morning all, bit late on parade, the previous nights excitement took its toll and I ended up getting 10 hours sleep :o

Now the excuses are out the way, a new thread for the day after the drama, with a brief breakdown looking likely at the end of next week what are the chances for the next 5 days of a top up.....and can we get some snow up to Glasgow ;)

Usual rules apply please..

First a look at the Fax charts from last night for early next week...
A complex chart with a band of snow moving into central Scotland, this was the area of snow which effected the easy on Sunday, also further troughs running west to east along central southern areas......snow or rain?

UKMO - 850 hpa temps

Sub -5 temps cover the UK, no rain on that chart.

UKMO then brings the Atlantic in by Thursday with a snow to rain event, ECM delays it until Saturday, GFS splits the difference and goes for Friday.

In summary,Snowfall very likely as we head into Monday and Tuesday, where is impossible to predict at this time due to the instability of the troughs at this time, some will be presently surprised. Milder later.......then for a laugh, I was just thinking, whatever happened to the Greenland high? The flagship of all SSW's...
GFS + 384

Image :D :D

Enjoy your day, I'm off to work....belatedly!

This topic has 75 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login

Return to “Model Discussion Thread Archives”