15 Year Old Sailor Releases New Weather Forecasting Book

For those new to UK Weather Watch, a friendly and warm welcome.
OliverPerkins
Favourite Season: Summer

15 Year Old Sailor Releases New Weather Forecasting Book

Post #1 by OliverPerkins » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:36 pm

Hi,

I am 15 years old and I sail in the British Youth Laser 4.7 Sailing Team and I have used the knowledge gained from my sailing to released my first book which is about forecasting the weather using the clouds. My book is called 'The Message of the Clouds'. My book contains over 70 cloud photos and it explains what weather different clouds indicate. It will enable you to forecast the weather yourself as well as explaining why these clouds happen. This information is very useful for sailing as not only can it save you from being stuck in a storm it can also speed up passage times as my book has a large section on the wind.

I hope you don't mind me telling you about it, but I really think that it would be of interest to this group and may even help people to do better in sailing competitions. On top of this it should help you when you are off the water, as among other things it should eliminate the chance of picnics in the rain.

You can find out more about my book here:
http://oliverperkins.com/the-message-of ... ouds-book/

My book was also fact checked by Christopher Collier (Ex-president of the Royal Meteorological Society) who also said this about my book "This book is well-researched and the reader is offered practical information in an easy to assimilate form."

Also Tom Cunliffe wrote the foreword to my book and he also said this about it "It is so good that my Yachtmaster Instructor Candidates would do well to read it."

Olly

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login

Return to “Introductions and Welcomes”