November 21st Storm

Come and have a cosy chat in here about anything autumn or winter related, including #uksnow (UK Snow)
PBLancs
Weather Lover
Weather Lover
Favourite Season: Winter

November 21st Storm

Post #1 by PBLancs » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:09 pm

Wow! What an afternoon.

I got home from work at 3:15pm, and the winds were already howling. So much so, that it sent my anemometer into next doors garden. Slightly damaged, but thankfully still working.

Next came the rain. I honestly can't remember a storm so intense. I could barely see the bottom of the garden through the wall of water!

Fast forward an hour, and the garden had flooded. The drain just couldn't cope, and before too long there was water flowing underneath the back door into the kitchen. I dashed outside, and my steel toe cap work boot was completely submerged in water. It must have easily been 12" deep!

Short of sandbags, I improvised and dragged a railway sleeper to the back door. That at least slowed the flooding into the kitchen. I then spent the next hour outside in the howling winds, and torrential rain, keeping the drain clear.

I'm cold, and soaking wet, but thankfully we seemed to have averted a bit of a mini catastrophe! The rain has eased, and I'm going for a long soak!

British weather eh!

Winter 2016/17 - Snow: 2 - Frost: 10 - ASL: 518ft

My Weather Station

'Don't your feet get cold in the winter time? The sky won't snow, and the sun won't shine'

This topic has 9 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login

Return to “Winter, UKSnow and Autumn Chat”