Perspective

Come and have a cosy chat in here about anything autumn or winter related, including #uksnow (UK Snow)
TheWinterSoldier
Site Support
Site Support
Favourite Season: Winter

Perspective

Post #1 by TheWinterSoldier » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:24 pm

I just thought I would offer up a touch of perspective for anyone moaning about the potential for a mild winter (including me!). I love cold and snow and I hate mild winters with a passion. I have had so many tantrums over mild, both on this forum and at home but in the big scheme of things, its insignificant.

Just before Christmas last year, my dad was diagnosed with cancer which cast a huge shadow over our lives and our Christmas. In the new year we thought we had good news and that it could be operated on but by March they had discovered it had spread and was terminal. Fortunately, the treatment (to and from hospital all year) has contained it so he's as ok as can be expected really and good blood test results recently.

The stress has taken its toll and I have had some meltdowns at work in terms of my confidence and state of mind. I have good days and bad days but overall am feeling better in light of the latest test results.

There's always someone worse off than yourself so I am not pretending to be the only one who suffers but concerns over a mild winter are laughable at the side of this and remember that one winter, no matter how many mild one's we have, will be very cold indeed and we will celebrate.

I leave you with some inspirational music I put on a CD for my dad. Our situation doesn't affect you but I'd like it if some of you would listen to this piece of music as my dad appreciated it very much indeed. The genius that is Hans Zimmer:

Formerly known as LandRoverSnow - Now an Audi owner

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login

Return to “Winter, UKSnow and Autumn Chat”