Winter 2016/17: The Deceiver

Come and have a cosy chat in here about anything autumn or winter related, including #uksnow (UK Snow)
TheWinterSoldier
Site Support
Site Support
Favourite Season: Winter

Winter 2016/17: The Deceiver

Post #1 by TheWinterSoldier » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:03 pm

I do my naming based on the meteorological winter so even if TDAT occurs in March, winter ends in about an hour.

I therefore name this winter: The Deceiver! To be clear, it's a huge improvement on winters such as the Diablo winter of 13/14 or The Void of last winter with plenty of frosts and snow flurries but compared to what was expected, it's been poor and will be milder than average.

Record snow cover (OPI), John Hammond presenting a video on signs of a cold start to winter for once and due an easterly QBO (only to be stitched up Oscars style and left in a westerly QBO).

But every time a northerly or easterly appeared, even in the reliable time frame, it was a last minute letdown and we had to look 10 days out for hope. Then just another 10 days but plenty of time yet. Then another 10 days, plenty of time. Then another 10 days...

All this and we ended up being deceived! Hence the name.

Formerly known as LandRoverSnow - Now an Audi owner

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login

Return to “Winter, UKSnow and Autumn Chat”