New car

Come and have a general chat with all our weather watchers here!
TheWinterSoldier
Site Support
Site Support
Favourite Season: Winter

New car

Post #1 by TheWinterSoldier » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:16 pm

Well we have had a rough time lately (my dad died last week) so I wanted something to focus on. My existing car which I have had for 18 months is a 2008 VW Golf Mk5 1.9 TDi and not long after buying it, the government made old diesels the enemy of the state! :evil:

I have secured a good deal and purchased a 2013 Audi A3 SE 1.2 TFSI (petrol) in shiraz red. It's ridiculously smooth and quiet and despite only being a 1.2, the turbo makes it really nippy. Only £30 to tax for the year too!

Loads of extras such as cruise control, large panoramic glass sunroof, folding wing mirrors, keyless entry and start and the best thing is that there are hardly any buttons on the dashboard. Settings can be adjusted via a menu system on a screen that slides up out of the dashboard. The screen is also used for the sat nav but when not in use can simply slide back down into the dashboard at the touch of a button.

Can't wait to collect it next week after all the sad times we have had. I get 2 free services, all the usual approved used benefits and autoglym life shine inside and out. :D :D :D

Just got to keep an eye on the forecast for winter re winter tyres now...

Formerly known as LandRoverSnow - Now an Audi owner

This topic has 13 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login

Return to “General Chat”