New advice guide: Michelin CrossClimate Tyres

Come and have a general chat with all our weather watchers here!
TheWinterSoldier
Site Support
Site Support
Favourite Season: Winter

New advice guide: Michelin CrossClimate Tyres

Post #1 by TheWinterSoldier » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:04 pm

Hello all! I put this into general chat as it isn't tied to one particular season. Anyway, I was long ago converted to the benefits of winter tyres and created a topic which ran to many pages and you can read it here: viewtopic.php?f=98&t=4465

However, it is frustrating when you get a mild winter and the temp is above 7C for many days and weeks and thus the winter tyres are not in their comfort zone (still great in the wet though). Also, many people accept the benefits but will risk the winter on normal summer tyres because it is too expensive and too much hassle to buy, store and fit a 2nd set of tyres.

Now, all season tyres have been around for a while and have been a jack of all trades, master of none. You could argue that the Goodyear Vector 4 seasons is better than most though.

Michelin have now brought about a complete game changer in the form of CrossClimate tyres with the fabled snowflake & mountain symbol on the tyre wall and are getting epic reviews.

I had a full set fitted 2 days ago for £238 all in and I am looking forward to seeing how they perform in heavy rain (though not yet as I am sick of rain). I now have tyres that are in their comfort zone in snow and ice and also in the baking heat.

I have posted below an image of the tyre tread, a link to the Michelin website and a video that shows how they perform in snow. Not far behind the epic Continental TS850 winter tyre that I had on my old car and it is superior to the others. Then if we have a mild winter, no more worries on the tyre front!

http://www.michelin.co.uk/tyres/michelin-crossclimate

P.S, I've been cleaning my car today! I use Autoglym Super Resin Polish and Autoglym HD Wax :D 8-)

screen capture windows 7

Formerly known as LandRoverSnow - Now a Golf owner

This topic has 20 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login

Return to “General Chat”