Avoid these at all costs!!

Come and have a general chat with all our weather watchers here!
TheWinterSoldier
Site Support
Site Support
Favourite Season: Winter

Avoid these at all costs!!

Post #1 by TheWinterSoldier » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:24 am

Back in October, my sister and 4 friends decided they wanted to go and see Olly Murs at Birmingham Arena in March. As it was pre-payday, I ordered the tickets for them on my MasterCard.

My sister emailed me the link to a website called ticket selection and the site was fully legit with https and so on. The tickets were duly ordered to the value of £285. We later discovered the terrible reviews on Google with the vast majority of customers not receiving their tickets! They are a ticket agency with HQ in Spain.

We got within 3 weeks of the concert and no sign of any tickets but their website states not to contact them until within 5 days of the concert if no tickets have been received and that all tickets are posted by special delivery. Within 5 days, still no tickets so we began the emails back and forth.

The excuses began such as no tickets had been delivered to them yet and then the day before the concert they said they would download them and email them to us. The day of the concert arrived and still no tickets. They said guaranteed by 5pm via email but at 4:45pm an email arrived to say they were ready for collection from a mailbox shop in the centre of Birmingham!!

I told them that it was not acceptable and they were in breach of contract because their T&C's state the worst case scenario is that a rep meets you the venue to hand over the tickets. I demanded a refund or I would approach my bank to seek a refund under S.75 of the Consumer Credit Act. Unsurprisingly, they did not reply.

I was worried at first because I discovered it is possible for banks to exclude ticket agencies from S.75. The bank sent me a claim form which I emailed back on 28/03 along with all email correspondence and this morning I am pleased to say that a full refund has now arrived on my card :D The bank can now pursue those idiots!

Moral of the story, stick with reputable ticket firms or the venue itself and always always use a credit card for extra peace of mind when paying at least £100

Formerly known as LandRoverSnow - Now an Audi owner

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login

Return to “General Chat”