My first passport!

Come and have a general chat with all our weather watchers here!
wittykitty
Site Support
Site Support
Favourite Season: Winter

My first passport!

Post #1 by wittykitty » Sat May 06, 2017 6:00 pm

I'm half German (well to be honest, quarter German, quarter Yugoslav and half English), and I'm about to get my first ever passport! People at work are slightly incredulous as I am now approaching 35 and I have have never held a passport in my life.

Don't get me wrong, I have actually visited Germany, but I went on mum's passport, and I don't think that's even allowed now.

I've just emailed one of my relatives in Germany who I'm in sporadic contact with, just an email every so often sort of thing. Well, lets just say I'm about to apply for my first passport and one of the things I'd love to do is visit my family in Germany. Me, hubby & mum are going (with a bit of luck!).

Well, I've sent the email to Klaus, and I'm hoping that at the end of July(ish) we'll be visiting....excited yes, nervous yes...when I went to Germany last time I was so young, I don't really remember much.

I do remember going along this road and looking down into the valley at Eisenheim (spelt with a funny B) where my family live and I remember the breakfasts, but not much else. I'm scared at travelling so far, about meeting people, although family, I've not seen for countless years...

I know a lot of you guys jet off all over the place, but as a first time passport holder (well, hopefully!) I'm viewing travel with trepidation, though excited.

What were your first travel worries / excitements? Looking for a little encouragement!! :roll:

It's snowed so hard here I can't find where I parked my unicorn....

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login

Return to “General Chat”